As a Production Coordinator you are an integral part of the production process in keeping the department(s) running smoothly. A Production Coordinator works closely with their Production Supervisor, Department Head and Artists in the department(s) they are assigned.
Principles and Responsibilities:
- Understands the department(s) and works with Production Supervisor and Department Head to maintain and manage the department schedule.
- Partner with the Production Supervisor and Department Head to set the priorities of the department taking into account the priorities of the show that are established by the Production Supervisors and the Production Manager.
- Follows up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule
- Assists Production Supervisor with maintaining quotas, deadlines & inventory, ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met.
- Generate weekly report from department, quota… Bring concerns about potential schedule or budget overruns to the Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
- Communicates with other departments regarding department needs
- Proactively respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department.
- Coordinates crew meetings.
- Schedule meetings at the request of the Department Head and Lead(s). Proactively maintain the calendar with alertness to topics, deadlines and conflicts. Manage the schedules of key personnel.
- Responsible for multiple dailies sessions each day, as well as client reviews.
- Review all incoming notes for department relevance and distribute as needed
- Willing to take on new challenges in order to have a more detailed knowledge of the department and pipeline.
- Mentor the Production Assistants.
- Helps maintain a positive team environment.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Three years of practical experience, preferably as a Production Coordinator in feature-animation film production or VFX production.
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problems
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Professional working knowledge of Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience with production tracking software is a plus (for example, Shotgun)
- Must speak/write English